A Little Bit of Everything

One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 which says "'For I know the plans I have for you,' delcares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" But the line, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans," also rings true. I'm so glad God is in control of my life because it means I don't have to be. Join me as I laugh, cry, and play my way through the daily tasks of raising three boys and trying to maintain some sense of order when it comes to my home.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Boy Scouts

Well, it's official.  We have a Boy Scout in the house.  Rodney and I spent a wonderful evening at the Cub Scout Blue and Gold where our oldest son, Nevin, crossed from Cub Scouts into Boy Scouts.  I couldn't be prouder. 

He's worked so hard for everything he earned as a Cub Scout.  The past year and a half, as a Webelos Scout has been especially busy with his entire den earning not only the Webelos badge but also the Arrow of Light and the Super Achiever Award (they earned all 20 achievement pins for that one).  He's had wonderful den leaders, one of which will be continuing on into Boy Scouting, and he's made some great friends over the last four years.

The next phase of craziness will commence on Thursday when I have to figure out how to get both Nevin and Russell to Scout meetings in separate locations across town.  But we'll cross that bridge on Thursday.  In the meantime, I'm so excited for my not-so-little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment