A Little Bit of Everything

One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 which says "'For I know the plans I have for you,' delcares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" But the line, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans," also rings true. I'm so glad God is in control of my life because it means I don't have to be. Join me as I laugh, cry, and play my way through the daily tasks of raising three boys and trying to maintain some sense of order when it comes to my home.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Grillin'

Today was a magnificent specimen of a day.  It was a window opening, lawn raking sort of day.  Today was a terrific teaser of a grilling kind of day. 

Several of my family members would claim that grilling is a year-round activity.  They dutifully pull out their grills in sub-zero weather, using the heat from the grills to melt 3 ft. snow pack.  But I am a grilling wimp.  The grilling season begins when the weather is warm enough to eat out on the patio table. 

Today was one of those kind of days.  Or at least it was when I fired up the charcoal.  Rodney took the big boys riding in the woods and Micah and I got the grill going, wrapped potatoes, washed down the patio table, brought out the cushions for the patio chairs, and loaded a tray with plates, salad dressing, salt and pepper, etc.  Steaks had been marinating for the previous 3 hours and Micah was looking forward to our picnic.

Two hours later, the big boys had not returned and the wind had picked up.  After a call to Rodney, we put the steaks on the grill in anticipation of their momentary arrival.  Needless to say, my very determined young man demanded dinner outside (we did grill after-all) and my fingers are still chilled through.

Sunday is the first official day of spring.  I know it probably won't feel as spring-like as today, but warmer days are ahead.  Days like today are a little glimpse into the promise of leaf filled canopies, fresh cut grass, fragrant flowers, and charcoal infused dinners.

Bring on the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment